Brown Mackie College - San Antonio Details
Brown Mackie College – San Antonio provides higher education to traditional and nontraditional students through bachelor’s and associate’s degree programs that assist them in enhancing their career opportunities, broadening their perspectives through appropriate general education courses, thinking independently and critically, and improving problem-solving abilities. The College strives to develop within its students the desire for lifelong and continued education.
Brown Mackie College – San Antonio believes that it makes an important contribution to the economic growth and social well being of the metropolitan areas it serves. The College educates students to help meet the economic needs of the community in entry-level positions in business, technical, and allied health careers. The uniqueness of Brown Mackie College – San Antonio lies in its dedication to sound business principles that parallel the business principles of the communities it serves. The educational process is a change-oriented approach to education that provides the community with graduates who possess the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in existing and emerging occupations.
The following purposes are integral to the mission of Brown Mackie College – San Antonio:
- Create a positive, friendly learning environment where each student’s personal and practical skill development is encouraged.
- Provide opportunities for students to develop critical thinking and analytical learning skills that will contribute to lifelong learning.
- To achieve continuous quality improvement with ongoing assessments that ensures that the College’s mission is being and continues to be accomplished.
- To offer convenient yet comprehensive post-secondary opportunities through bachelor’s and associate’s degree programs to traditional and non-traditional students.
- To minimize economic disadvantages as a barrier to higher education by providing financial aid services and by accepting students without regard to age, sex, religion, race, physical challenges, or economic or social background.