Brown Mackie College - Northern Kentucky Details
Brown Mackie College — Northern Kentucky provides higher education to traditional and nontraditional students through bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree, and diploma programs that assist them in enhancing their career opportunities, broadening their perspectives through appropriate general education courses, thinking independently and critically, and improving problem-solving abilities. The College strives to develop within its students the desire for lifelong and continued education.
Brown Mackie College — Northern Kentucky believes that it makes an important contribution to the economic growth and social well-being of the metropolitan areas it serves. The College educates students to help meet the economic needs of the communities in entry-level positions in business, technical, and medical careers. The uniqueness of Brown Mackie College — Northern Kentucky lies in its dedication to sound business principles that parallel the business principles of the communities it serves. The educational process is a change-oriented approach to education that provides the community with graduates who possess the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in existing and emerging occupations.
The following eight purposes are integral to the mission of Brown Mackie College — Northern Kentucky:
- To offer sound business, technical and allied health education in bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree and diploma programs.
- To provide in degree programs appropriate general education courses that stimulate and develop each student’s individual and professional growth, including written and interpersonal communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving competencies.
- To minimize economic disadvantages as a barrier to higher education by providing financial aid services and by accepting students without regard to age, sex, religion, race, physical challenges, or economic or social background.
- To attract and retain qualified instructors who are effective in the classroom and are familiar with appropriate current business, medical, and/or technical practices.
- To maintain a dynamic organization that is responsible and responsive to its constituencies.
- To develop in students a professional attitude and an awareness of contemporary career practices through exposure to pragmatic course content and to faculty currently engaged in enterprise.
- To assist graduates in finding positions for which they are educated.
- To provide ongoing assessment and planning procedures to ensure that the College’s mission is being and continues to be accomplished.