Brown Mackie College - Michigan City Details
Brown Mackie College — Michigan City provides broad-based education that combines general education courses with technical and business training. The College is committed to meeting the needs of the community and employers while empowering students to achieve personal and professional goals.
The following objectives are integral to the mission of Brown Mackie College — Michigan City:
- Create a positive, friendly learning environment where each student’s personal and practical skill development is encouraged.
- Maintain qualified, experienced and dedicated staff and faculty members who are committed to the College’s philosophy of promoting student development.
- Provide a modern, pleasant, physical environment that is conducive to learning.
- Minimize the barrier to post-secondary career training for the socially or economically disadvantaged by accepting students without regard to age, sex, national origin, religion, or race and provide financial aid services to those who qualify.
- Provide professional development and employment assistance which will enable students to confidently pursue employment in their chosen fields.
- Respond to the constantly changing needs of the business community through revision of training methods and materials, and attention to the evaluations and recommendations of employers.
- Provide student support services, including tutoring, advising, advisory boards and employment assistance, which complement the educational programs.
- Empower our students to achieve success in their educational and career goals.