Brown Mackie College - Akron Details
Brown Mackie College — Akron provides traditional and nontraditional students with convenient, focused, and flexible post-secondary education options through bachelor’s degrees, associate’s degrees, diploma, and certificate programs, which enhance their career opportunities and expand their perspectives. The College believes that education should be specific enough to provide for a meaningful career, yet broad enough to lay the foundation for life-long learning.
Brown Mackie College — Akron, through its educational programs, provides graduates with career-focused skills and abilities necessary to succeed at entry-level employment positions that contribute to the economic growth of both employers and the community served.
The following objectives are integral to the mission of Brown Mackie College — Akron:
- To assist graduates in finding positions for which they are educated.
- To attract and retain qualified faculty who are effective in the classroom and experienced in industry.
- To offer convenient yet comprehensive post-secondary opportunities through bachelor’s degrees, associate’s degrees, diploma and certificate programs to traditional and non-traditional students.
- To develop within students professionalism and communication skills in addition to occupational skills and knowledge.
- To provide financial aid services and academic support to students in an effort to minimize economic disadvantages as a barrier to higher education and by accepting students without regard to age, sex, national origin, religion, race, physical challenges, or economic or social background.
- To maintain a dynamic organization that is responsible and responsive to its constituencies.
- To achieve continuous quality improvement with ongoing assessments that ensures that the College’s mission is being and continues to be accomplished.