Brown Mackie College is dedicated to sound business principles that parallel the business principles of the surrounding community, and its leaders believe that the College makes an important contribution to the economic growth and social well being of the metropolitan areas it serves. The college's change-oriented approach to education arms students with the skills and knowledge to help meet the economic needs of communities by preparing students for entry-level positions in business, technical, legal, and allied health careers.
The following purposes are integral to the mission of Brown Mackie College:
- To offer sound business, technical, legal, and allied health education through bachelor's degree, associate's degree, and diploma programs.
- To provide in degree programs appropriate general education courses that stimulate and develop each student's individual and professional growth, including written and interpersonal communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving competencies.
- To minimize economic disadvantages as a barrier to higher education by providing financial aid services and by accepting students without regard to age, sex, religion, race, physical challenges, or economic or social background.
- To attract and retain qualified instructors who are effective in the classroom and familiar with appropriate current business, medical, legal, and/or technical practices.
- To maintain a dynamic organization that is responsible and responsive to its constituencies.
- To develop in students a professional attitude and an awareness of contemporary career practices through exposure to pragmatic course content and to faculty currently engaged in enterprise.
- To assist graduates in finding positions for which they are educated.
- To provide ongoing assessment and planning procedures to ensure that the college's mission continues to be accomplished.