Brown Mackie College family of schools provides higher education to traditional
and nontraditional students through bachelor's degree, associate's degree,
and diploma programs. Our general education courses teach students to think independently
and critically, and improve problem-solving abilities. Furthermore, these programs
prepare students for career opportunities and broaden their perspectives. The college
strives to develop within its students the desire for lifelong and continued education.
Brown Mackie College is dedicated to sound business principles that parallel the
business principles of the surrounding community, and its leaders believe that the
College makes an important contribution to the economic growth and social well being
of the metropolitan areas it serves. The college's change-oriented approach
to education arms students with the skills and knowledge to help meet the economic
needs of communities by preparing students for entry-level positions in business,
technical, legal, and allied health careers.
The following purposes are integral to the mission of Brown Mackie College:
- To offer sound business, technical, legal, and allied health education through bachelor's
degree, associate's degree, and diploma programs.
- To provide in degree programs appropriate general education courses that stimulate
and develop each student's individual and professional growth, including written
and interpersonal communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving competencies.
- To minimize economic disadvantages as a barrier to higher education by providing
financial aid services and by accepting students without regard to age, sex, religion,
race, physical challenges, or economic or social background.
- To attract and retain qualified instructors who are effective in the classroom and
familiar with appropriate current business, medical, legal, and/or technical practices.
- To maintain a dynamic organization that is responsible and responsive to its constituencies.
- To develop in students a professional attitude and an awareness of contemporary
career practices through exposure to pragmatic course content and to faculty currently
engaged in enterprise.
- To assist graduates in finding positions for which they are educated.
- To provide ongoing assessment and planning procedures to ensure that the college's
mission continues to be accomplished.